The Lifechanging Benefits Of Bathing in Epsom Salts
Adding pure Epsom Salts to your warm bath each and every night will have drastic positive effects on your health and wellbeing.
Pure Epsom Salt is also known as Magnesium sulphate and most people are deficient in the mineral magnesium.
By adding pure Epsom salts to your bath, your body can absorb these vital minerals and improve your life in various ways, such as:
Promoting deep, restless sleep – as Epsom salts are magnesium and adequate magnesium levels are essential for deep sleep, bathing in Epsom salts will increase your magnesium levels, relax the body and mind and assist your brain in producing neurotransmitters that induce sleep and reduce stress. The Magnesium in Epsom salts will also help your body produce melatonin which is hormone that promotes peaceful sleep.
Helps with Constipation – Magnesium rich Epsom salts are useful for sluggish colons or constipation as when Epsom salts are dissolved in your warm bath, the water is drawn to the colon to promote bowel movements, and toxin removal. Pure Epsom salts can be ingested by mouth in small doses to relieve constipation, however, only the cleanest, purest, organic and natural Epsom salts must be consumed.
Essentially Young promises to ONLY use such purity.
- 1 teaspoon in warm water.
- It should only be used occasionally as a laxative, not for long-term relief.
Sports Performance and Recovery - Some people claim that taking Epsom salt baths can reduce muscle soreness and relieve cramps. It is well known that adequate magnesium levels are helpful for exercise because magnesium helps your body use glucose and lactic acid. While relaxing in a hot bath with Epsom Salts may help soothe aching muscles.
Athletes are prone to low magnesium levels, so health professionals often recommend that they take magnesium supplements to ensure optimal levels and the easiest and most effecting way in soaking for twenty minutes in an Epsom Salt Bath.
Reduce Pain and Inflammation - Another common claim is that Epsom salt helps reduce pain and swelling. Many people report that taking Epsom salt baths improves symptoms of fibromyalgia and arthritis. Magnesium is deemed responsible for these effects, since many people with fibromyalgia and arthritis are deficient in this mineral.
One study in 15 women with fibromyalgia concluded that bath in magnesium sulphate which is Epsom Salt may be beneficial for reducing chronic ailments, symptoms, aches and pains:
- Detoxification and cellulite reduction
- Adding magnesium sulphate/Epsom salts to your bath water dissolves and can leach heavy metals from the body through the skin.
- The sulphates in Epsom salt help flush out toxins and heavy metals.
- The process is called reverse osmosis, and it literally pulls toxins out of your body.
Instructions on how to use Epsom Salts when bathing:
- For a detox bath, add at least two cups of Epsom salt to bathwater and soak for 40 minutes total.
- The first 20 minutes will give your body time to remove toxins from your system while the last 20 minutes will allow you to absorb the minerals in the water.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and support the detoxification process.
- How often? Once, twice, or three times a week.
- Epsom salts will also stimulate your lymphatic system to help flush out toxins, reduce cellulite and aid in weight loss.